Dream of being an Immigration Superstar?
HR Professional. Lovely human being. Immigration Superstar. You’ve conquered the first two. Now time to achieve the third title. It’s time to empower you with the knowledge needed to stay on top of immigration issues at your organization. You’ve pulled out your hair trying to navigate the web looking for immigration information. You’ve been sideswiped by an employee’s expiring work permit. And you’ve been thoroughly confused by concalls with your immigration counsel. We’ll put an end to all that frustration.
Our Immigration Basics workshop covers immigration from the employer’s perspective. You will gain a broad understanding of potential immigration options and become a valuable resource to your management team, make strategic decisions on recruitment and workforce planning and effectively manage external immigration consultants or counsel. We’ll give you enough information to be knowledgeable but not overwhelmed by focussing on the practical applications you need.
The workshop series comes in three parts, available as individual modules or together as a full package:
Part 1: The Nuts and Bolts of Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs)
We’ll dive into the complicated world of LMIAs, provide the context, and look at the various streams and variations, including:
- Dual Intent LMIAs for permanent full-time job offers
- Temporary LMIAs for temporary offers and project-based positions
- Global Talent Stream
- Advertising requirements
- Prevailing wages
Part 2: Avoiding LMIA’s: LMIA-Exempt work permits
If LMIAs gave you a headache then we’ll try to ease the pain with LMIA-exempt work permit options. The programs have become increasingly complicated but not overwhelming. We’ll look at:
- NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements
- Intra-company Transferees
- Francophone Mobility program
- International Experience Class, including working holidays and young professionals
- Students and Study-related work permits
- Options for spouses, partners, children
Part 3: Avoiding work permits: Permanent Residency
If work permits gave you a headache then we’ll tell you about moving past them entirely with permanent residency. Ever-so-complicated, the devil is in the detail with employment-based permanent residency. We’ll invite you into the world of:
- Express Entry
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- BC Provincial Nominee Program
- Language testing, education credentials assessments, points scores, invitations to apply
In each workshop:
You’ll learn in a small group setting with the freedom to ask questions, test out ideas, and learn from your fellow classmates and instructors. We’ll talk theory and run through practical exercises to cement your new knowledge. And then you’ll turn that knowledge loose back at your organization with the resources and support you need to be the Immigration Superstar.
You will learn, integrate, and practice with:
- A half-day Workshop (includes a light breakfast)
- A hefty, but simple, Reference Guide
- 1 hour of One-on-One Follow-up, in whatever format works for you, be it ad hoc assistance or step-by-step guidance
CPHR? Each Part has been approved for 3 CPD points by CHRP BC & Yukon.
Part 1: June 12, 2019
Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs)
Part 2: June 26, 2019
LMIA-exempt work permits
Part 3: July 10, 2019
Each session starts at 9AM and ends at 12PM.
SFU Harbour Centre, 515 W. Hastings Street, downtown Vancouver
Choose the registration option that works best for you – the full workshop or individual parts.
Select from the options below to be re-directed to the corresponding registration page.
Register for all 3 Parts for $1200:
Or register individually for $500 per Part: